Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Nutcracker Suite

Sorry for the lack of updates! I'm still back in Ventura visiting my family throughout the New Year since I am never really able to come home and visit often. It's been nice to hang out with my mom and sister and spend some quality time together cooking and gossiping.  Before I headed down here, Z surprised me and got us tickets to see the Nutcracker ballet at the San Francisco Opera Theater.  As a little girl, I had always watched the ballet on television and wished I could one day see the real thing on stage. The theater itself was beautiful. Z and I mostly enjoyed people watching because really the type of people that attend the ballet are quite interesting to say the least.




Outfit Details:
Blue Velvet Stripe Tent Dress (ASOS)
Navy Sheer Tights (Walgreens)
Vintage Black Mary Jane Shoes (Thrifted)

After the show, we got a late dinner at a near-by Thai restaurant. I got the crispy pork belly with bell peppers, green beans, and basil. Z got a nice noodle dish with yummy veggies and tofu. It was a lovely last night in the city before I had to wake up at dawn to drop Z off at work and drive down the 101 to Ventura. I am so happy I finally got to see the Nutcracker ballet and it definitely got me into the Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment