Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spring Cleaning


Spring is finally here! Along with the arrival of blossoming flowers, I thought that my blog needed a change as well. Hopefully this will streamline everything that I eventually have planned for this page. One of my goals is to streamline my closet and post some of my pieces in a shop later, which I am pretty sure Z will appreciate since he won't have to look at my exploding closet. 

These last set of Portland photos are from a trip to the Portland Japanese Garden that Z and I trekked all the way from our hotel in Downtown to see it.  I thought this would be a great opportunity to take some photos to share with my mom, whom is a huge fan of Japanese gardening, art, and just anything Japanese in general.  The garden itself is sprawled across 5.5 acres and is composed of five different Japanese gardening styles: Flat Garden, Strolling Pond Garden, Tea Garden, Natural Garden, and the Sand and Stone Garden.  


The Sakura blossoms were my favorite part of the gardens as they were in bloom during our visit. I never used to be a fan of the color pink when I was younger, but the color is growing on me now. The blush pink flower with its hot pink--almost red center is simply a breath taking sight.  If you are ever in Portland, make sure to check out this lovely garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment