Monday, October 15, 2012

Fune La

On Saturday Z and I attended an opera based on Herman Melville's classic, "Moby-Dick". The art and staging were beautifully done using lights/images projected onto the background to stimulate rocking waves and even the tiny fishing boats crew members used to harpoon and attack whales. After watching tons of Gossip Girl episodes on Netflix (Shhhh! Don't tell anyone that I secretly love that show for Chuck Bass and can't stop watching), I wanted to take this opportunity to dress up and pretend that Z and I would be attending some gala  in NYC or a party held by Blair Waldorf. (I know...I am so sad and loserly.) I curled by hair and put on my brand new "Book Worm" dress made by Vanessa of The Velvet Bird. I love the pin dot pattern, swing shape, peter pan collar with a bow...and my favorite part: brown elbow patches! The dress is beautifully constructed and  what is even more amazing is that 20% of Vanessa's profits all go to Love146.org to fight and prevent human trafficking in the United States! This dress will definitely be one of my go-to-favorites for this fall/winter. Here are my crappy photos from my laptop that do not do the dress any justice:
Outfit Details:
The Book Worm Dress // The Velvet Bird
Black Tights // Walgreens
Rachel Comey MARS boots

No comments:

Post a Comment