Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Night at the Museum

There's something about viewing portraits/paintings from the past...it makes me wonder what the story was behind the painting, who the person was, and what he or she was thinking. I  do not think I could have had the patience to sit for hours while an artist painted my likeness onto canvas, but I'm ok with admiring these works from afar. These photos were taken while visiting the various museums comprising Washington, D.C's center and sadly before my flight back. The District was quite beautiful and I wish I had more time to check out everything...as was the theme for most of the trip. Z and I will definitely plan another visit soon now that his sisters are out there on the East coast...and possibly for future school visits (fingers crossed). I present to you now...photos of Z and I being awkward in front of various paintings and animal figures. My favorite was posing in front of an elegant lady and her prized pet pug...my dream! I will have to set up and commission someone for a  portrait painting session of Finnegan and I. I'd like to hang it in my huge library (adjacent to my huge music room in my huge mansion) when I'm an old lady. Crazy pug lady dreams!

Outfit Details:
White Polka Dot Dress // Forever 21
Dooney & Bourke Bucket Bag // Vintage
Woven Oxfords // Vintage
Ginger Ottoman Jacket // American Apparel
Sunglasses // H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment