Friday, October 3, 2014

New Beginnings

 I have been wanting to do more blogging as of late, but have never really been able to do that since all of my cameras are film based. While I love the look of film and how one must really compose the shot before clicking away, I needed something that would save more money since developing film these days is pretty costly unless you do it yourself. I was able to save up some money and as a birthday gift to myself (and I guess Z too since he and Pig Dog are all that I ever photograph), purchased a Fujifilm X30 to carry along with my during my travels and document my boring life. (Guys...really my life just consists of work, school, pig dog, and now watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix...good-bye productivity and social life!) I did not want something too complicated to work and would rather have something with that vintage feel that could fit easily into my purse. Later this month, Z and I will be heading to Boston for his cousin's wedding and for once I would like to document one of our trips since I  have never been to Boston. (When I picture Boston, all I can imagine are row boats and docks reminiscent of Dawson's Creek...my favorite tween-show. 100 percent accurate, I know!)

As soon as the package arrived at my door, I charged up the camera and took some portraits of Z, Finnegan, and then later on my walk around my work's area. So far, I really like the handling of the camera and how easy it is to customize to my preferred settings.  I'm so excited to go on more adventures and finally open up that clothing store I've been wanted to do since my closet is practically exploding and begging me to sell some stuff ASAP.  Stay tuned for most pug over-loaded posts to come! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment