Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Santa Cruzin'

It may seem really unusual, but Z and I share the same birthday. Seriously? What are the odds? When we initially started dating, I thought he was using some ploy to hit on me when birthdays came up. I immediately sought out his driver's license and saw that he was indeed not kidding around. Sharing a birthday with your boyfriend has certainly had its benefits: one year we were able to go to Disneyland for free and the other year we planned a nice trip to Seattle. This particular year, we went to the Santa Cruz Board walk and pier since I had never been before. The weather on the day that we went could not make up its mind: it would be sunny one moment and then foggy and over-cast the next. We spent the day  partaking any tourist activity we could think of: playing boardwalk games, exploring the fun house, and eating in yummy garlic fries. 



After exploring what we could, we joined Z's family on the beach for a lobster cook-out. I was in absolute heaven, but I guess it's just because I am a huge fan of anything that has been dipped in garlic and butter. Above is a wonderful photo that Z took of me where the camera's strap decided it wanted to make an appearance. Camera Strap Photo bomb! Oh well. I can't wait to go on this year's birthday excursion and hopefully take more photos (no more camera straps, please!) and eat more delicious food. Perfect way to spend your birthday!


Outfit Details:
Shawl Sweater // Vintage
Chambray Tank // Mom's old shirt
Black Jeans // Urban Outfitters
Tan Clogs // Dansko Clogs
Straw Hat // Borrowed from Z's dad
Brown Belt // Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment