Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Winchester Mystery House

After taking care of Finnegan while Z and I were away visiting his family on the East coast, my sister drove up to San Francisco for a visit and to drop off my beloved pig pug. During her short visit, we decided to venture out to San Jose and check out the Winchester Mystery House. Growing up on the Central coast, we had always seen huge billboards advertising this spooky house and we finally decided to see what all the hype was about. We arrived at a lot surrounded by suburban malls, fast food chains, and parking lots to find this little Victorian house nestled in between. The place was definitely a tourist trap, but my sister and I made the best of things by enjoying some wine spritzers before going on the tour. I enjoyed learning the history of the house, the Winchester rifle, viewing the vintage decor and beautiful design of this famous ghost trap. We were only allowed to photograph the outside of the house, which is really such a shame since some of the work and detail that went into the inside of the house was amazing.


Outfit Details:
Mod Chambray Shift Dress // Vintage
Market Bag // Vintage
Sunglasses // H&M
Blue Sandals // Vintage

Here's a photo that my sister and I took before entering the house. We felt pretty awkward holding the imitation rifles. What were we supposed to do with them? Pretend to shoot each other? Use the rifles to make lewd gestures?  We decided to keep things G-rated since this was, after all, a family establishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment