Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Con-GRAD-uations


I feel like I've spent the past couple of weeks running from one graduation to another. Z has three younger sisters and two of them happened to graduate in the same weekend. Z's mom decided to split up their graduation parties and we held them one weekend after the other. The first graduation was held in San Diego where Sister #1 graduated from Z and I's alma mater: University of California, San Diego. Z and I haven't been back to San Diego for 2 years, so it was nice re-visiting all our past hang-outs. Z and I want to go back again and spend more time since we were only there for a couple of days.

The next graduation party was in Fremont  for Sister #2. Z and I helped with the set up, decoration, and food preparation. His sisters and I made Lemon cupcakes (with lemon curd inside topped with lemon cream cheese frosting and candied lemon zest) and Strawberry cupcakes with strawberries inside and a Crème fraîche strawberry frosting.

The cupcakes were a hit and we did not have many left over. There was so much good food at the party that I am pretty amazed at his family's catering-like skills. Here is what I wore to Sister #2's graduation party:

Outfit Details:
Plaid Songbird Dress // Madewell
Cream Knit Cardigan // Forever 21
Green Stripped Market Bag // Etsy
Sky High Peep Toe Sandals in Cognac // Swedish Hasbeens

Please excuse the expression on my face. I think Z was taking too long to take the photo I was about to make a snide remark when he snapped the photo.


1 comment:

  1. hi! i'm desperately looking to find this songbird dress. would you be willing to part with it?

    thanks,
    cecilia

    ReplyDelete