Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rookie Magazine // Please Mr. Postman

Rookie Mag has been one of my favorite internet reads for some time now even though I seemed to have missed the marketed age bracket. Rookie, a site for teenage girls, broke 1 million page views within 5 days of launching in September of 2011, and contributors have included Miranda July, Dan Savage, Joss Whedon, JD Samson, Zooey Deschanel, Sady Doyle, Lesley Arfin, and Cindy Gallop. I've developed a bit of a girl crush on the founder Tavi Gevinson. (She is 15 and a sophomore in high school!) Tavi has also written for publications such as Harper's Bazaar, Jezebel, Lula, and Pop, and is a contributing editor to GARAGE magazine. 

"Please Mr. Postman"  features dresses from a few of my favorite ladies: Lauren of Blooming Leopold, Nadia of Nadinoo, and Leah Goren to name a few. Styled by Jaclyn Bethany and photographed by Erica Segovia, the pictures below make me long to have every one of these cute little dresses hanging up in my closet. 
 

 

 
(All photos taken from Rookie Mag)
I love the juxtaposition of the gray bob and piercings with the ultra feminine dresses. Perfect! Make sure to check out the full spread here and the rest of Rookie Mag!

No comments:

Post a Comment