Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pig Dog's Hiking Adventures // Part 1

My sister's new favorite hobby is hiking around Ventura and Orange County. This may seem like the most unlikely places, but I think it is wonderful since she's been discovering places that she would never had known existed. I mean...who knew that there would be a waterfall in the middle of Ventura County? That particular morning, we decided to check out a trail called "Paradise Falls) that seemed short enough for a little pig pug to undertake. The day started out overcast and gradually heated up. Pig Dog (Finnegan) started out strong, but as the hike continued his enthusiasm dipped significantly. 
The above two photos were accidentally double exposed from a roll that didn't quite turn out because my camera battery died halfway through. In retrospect, I think I'll try out this technique more often because the photos look really interesting spliced with images of Z sitting at a coffee shop.
When we reached Paradise Falls, we took a much needed Pig Dog break. Finnegan took the opportunity to sprawl his brick-like body onto the cool wet gravel surrounding the falls. Finnegan was so tired hiking out of the ravine where the waterfall was located that Meg and I had to carry him at certain parts of the trip. It was a bit ridiculous, but I love that pug too much.The rest of the photos are of Finnegan laying down on the ground looking like he is about to die from exhaustion. These photos greatly amuse me, but now I will probably be reported for pug abuse. Oh Finnegan!
My sister and I would like to come back (maybe without Finnegan this time) to check out the other trails that we missed since we were obligated to carry a big pig dog back to the car. Until next time, Paradise Falls!

No comments:

Post a Comment