Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It's All Good in the Neighborhood!


I found an old disposable camera while cleaning up around the apartment. Z and I decided to snap some photos around our neighborhood while out on a trip to get some Mission Mini's (cupcakes) and coffee. I love film and how you have to think about each photo in regards to the lighting and the framing. Each photo seems a bit special because more thought went into its composition. But seriously...I just love the way that film looks. Instant time travel!



We stopped by a thrift shop on Mission and I found this beautiful vintage hat that I immediately wore for the rest of the day. I tried to imagine what kind of lady this hat once belonged to and what kind of occasion she might wear it for. Z just laughs at me and my admiration for "hip granny style" items.


The skirt I am wearing was altered from an ankle length one. My mom showed me how to cut off the excess fabric and hem it into my desired length. Even though my sewing skills are still in dire need of practice and supervision, I love this skirt. It is one of my favorite skirts that I tend to wear as default on days I can't think of anything to wear.  Thanks Mom! 



Outfit Details:
Fur Hat // Vintage
Golden Button Sweater // Vintage
Navy Blue Pocket Skirt // Vintage
Buckle Boots //Vintage
Brown Leather Purse // Urban Outfitters
Vintage Gold Casio Watch // Gift from Z
Black Tights // Walgreens

No comments:

Post a Comment